Benjamin Moore vs. Pratt and Lambert

Hello,
My wife and I are attempting to pick out a brand and color to paint the exterior of our home. We have it somewhat narrowed down to two colors. One is in a Benjamin Moore Low Luster Moregard and the other is in a Pratt and Lambert Accolade. Can anyone sway us in either direction?
TIA,
-- JD

One
Both are excellent paints. I've used both and you can't go wrong with either one. The Accolade is "thicker" and a little more sensitive to being rolled over, as it forms a tough coat very quickly. A professional painter or a reasonably skilled homeowner would not have any problem with either brand of paint, though.
P&L is usually very expensive, though.

Both are excellent in my experience.
Some companies do certain colors better than others, which is why brand loyalty to paint dosen't always work out. I've had great results with the top end products from Benjamin Moore, Pratt & Lambert, Sherwin Williams, Muralo, and a few others. Sometimes, you just gotta have a color that only one company makes! <G>
FWIW, Pratt & Lambert also makes some AWESOME varnishes for fine woodworking.
Barry
I've used both and consider them to be top quality. Both are sold in my area but my painter seems to favor Benjamin Moore. It may be nothing more significant than the store selling Benjamin Moore being a bit closer.
RB
B a r r y wrote:

Or the BM dealer has a better pro discount. In my area, a lot of pros prefer Sherwin Williams for the same reason. <G>
Barry
I have been using Benny Moore Paints for 15 years and been very happy with their ease of app;ication and longevity.
AZCRAIG

One
These are both excellent paints. You won't go wrong with either one. The differences are minor so make sure you're doing the best prep. possible.
I use Pratt and Lambert Accolade exclusively for interior painting. It's a tad better than Benny.
For exterior work I'd choose Benny over Pratt, but I'd rank SW Duration over both of these. Most SW and Pratt ext. paints can be applied down to 35 degrees. I don't think Benny's label allows this.

Thanks to all who replied. We have decided to go with Benny Moore Low Luster Moregard in a Dry Sage. Now what color for the darn trim <g>

One

Linen White. Nice soft color.
Beni Moore has handouts that give great color grouping ideas. DH & I have a color dissonance, but we can look at the handouts and agree on a color scheme without a lot of, ummm, "discussion". This has saved us a lot of time. All the paint companies have a lot of pros who put "looks" together. We are not pros, but the colors in our house look beautiful!