Battery Voltage Being Too High ?

Hmmm., Trying to reinvent Ohm's law?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, My main bench meter is lab grade calibrated Fluke. I check other meters against it to see how reasonably accurate it is. I still use old work horse Simpson 260 on many occasions where low impedance meter input is needed like on household AC power wiring.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

A friend of mine moved into a new trailer last weekend. The fire alarms were chirping, so I took out all the the batteries and tripped off the breaker.

Four batteries were running high voltage (carbon cells) and the alkaline was running a bit low. Wonder if that's related some how?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've found that voltage reduces as load (amperage usage) increases.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That is not always true. For example:

It's come to my attention that. . .

In this case "It's" means "It has"

Reply to
Daniel Prince

OVERHEATING????? Geez from what hollerbutt?

Reply to
Tekkie®