Battery Voltage Being Too High ?

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 7 May 2007 12:29:11 -0400, Robert11 wrote:

when a VOM with a very high impedance is used.
Silly question: What standard do you use to check the calibration of your VOM? Beside the usual manufacturing tolerance it is likely subject to getting knocked around. That doesn't help accuracy either.
Charlie

I have not seen an increase in 9 volt batteries, etc. I would check your meter. I have seen new ones reading as high at 9.5, but that's about it. BTW, new digital meters are getting pretty cheap these days. I picked up a real nice one from Electronic Goldmine for about $13 when it was on sale. I actually like it better than my Fluke because it is smaller and has a continuity beeper. And it appears to be very accurate.
Robert11 wrote:

Robert11 wrote:

How accurate is your meter? Sounds like it is out of calibration. Clue is different betteries showing same sort of reading.
Tony Hwang wrote:

My main bench meter is lab grade calibrated Fluke. I check other meters against it to see how reasonably accurate it is. I still use old work horse Simpson 260 on many occasions where low impedance meter input is needed like on household AC power wiring.
A friend of mine moved into a new trailer last weekend. The fire alarms were chirping, so I took out all the the batteries and tripped off the breaker.
Four batteries were running high voltage (carbon cells) and the alkaline was running a bit low. Wonder if that's related some how?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.