Battery Shelf Life

At least THAT Jesus is a part of the real world. That's different from the mythical critter religious idiots made up.

Reply to
NotX

There probably was someone with that name (consider that propaganda [such as the Bible] is meant to be read, so contains elements of reality to hold peoples' attention).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I said I'm not getting into any religous debate

Reply to
clare

Don't debate. Proclaim. World of difference.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'll proclaim to those who are willing to listen, but with this bunch it's like casting pearls to swine.

Reply to
clare

Huh? There is no extra-Biblical evidence of Jesus, and the Biblical evidence itself is suspect. For example, the Gospels are not self identifying, only attributed by tradition to Matthew, Mark, etc. Most of the New Testament was written by Paul, but Paul never met Jesus in the flesh. And so on. However, all that's not dispositive. There IS an unbroken oral tradition as to the existence of Jesus.

Right. Adam & Eve, for example. I have, however, seen a serpent...

Reply to
HeyBub

Jewish kids don't cause trouble. They do not, for example, join gangs.

Principally because they can't wear their yarmulkes backwards.

Reply to
HeyBub

That's why I keep pepper spray by the front door. I tell them I'm not interested *ONE TIME ONLY*. If I have to explain my disinterest again, I use the pepper spray.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I should do that with phone solicitors. If they don't take the hint after one try, I'll spray the phone with pepper spray, and hang up.

On the other hand.... maybe not.

Love to hear some of the reactions from the folks who try to market you, at your front door.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One time I had a black cape and a cap with horns. I could see those pests from a mile away and was just waiting for them. I would greet them at the door with my costume and in the creepiest voice I could summon, say "Come in, come in, we need a sacrifice. Are you virgins?" I did have a ketchup covered knife in my hand on a few occasions. The pepper was a lot less time consuming. The sight of the can in my hand was enough most times.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

One of my favorites is a comic I know from church. He says he had one phone guy going for a while. Said he was cripple, and fell out of his wheel chair on the way to the phone cause his Mom was supposed to call from the hospital. I forget all the details, but it was good.

Nothing like pepper spray for solicitors.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or traveling proselytizers.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

For the telephone calls, if I accidentally answer them, I like to respond with

YOU are the 10th caller and you have won a free dance lesson at Author Murray's dance studio.

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe