Bats in Our attic?

Is there anything that we can use to get rid of them?
Is daytime the best time to use it??
shirleyann
Shirley ann wrote:

You want to seal any openings after they leave. They can squeeze through as little as a quarter inch opening. After they go out at night, string lights in attic to keep from returning and do your sealing with screen, insulation, caulk etc. Bats are generally beneficial but sometimes rabid so you have to protect yourself because if scratched you will need rabies shots.
Frank

I used mothballs in a sock and Amonia in a bucket to stink them out then seal the hole, but you have to find the hole first.

Not sure if lights would really be a deterrent.
When I was a young lad at Boy Scout Camp we used to go down to the lake at night and shine our flashlights up towards the bats that always hung out over the lake. They would begin to circle, flying closer and closer to our flashlights each time they came around. It was only the bravest of us who would remain stationary until the bats actually hit our flashlights with their wings.

In addition to the tips you get for getting them out, I'd setup outdoor bat boxes for them to move to. They are beneficial to have around, but not in the attic.
JohnR66 wrote:

Second that, you do want bats around since they eat a whole lot of mosquitos and other nuscience bugs. Bats are also rarely rabid and rarely associated with diseases, it is the rare cases where they are that get the attention of course.
NC Zoo realized the bats in their exhibit were rabid years ago. That got quite a bit of attention.

Personally I like bats, but I would prefer them not to be in my attic. Keeping them out is not easy.
My son once had one that lived between the window and a poorly fitting storm window.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit