bathroom shower wands always leak

at the connection between the metal pipe and first plastic fitting. tried everything it always leaks a little. its in the shower so i never cared.

my girl friend complains.

I was on a trip to new york, we stayed at a friend of hers. the shower had no leak.

the first fitting was a large thick nut like connection. all the shower wands i find locally have a thin fitting. my theory is this fitting expands a little and leaks a little.

all the stores around here dont appear to carry the good design. The resident of the place we stayed hasnt a clue. She says the building supplies that wand, and I looked their was no manufacturers name on it....

somehow this drip has became a issue:(

any ideas?

I have use pipe dope, teflon tape, combo of tape and dope.

Have thought about trying RTV but dont want to create more troubles when it needs replaced in the future:(

Reply to
bob haller

Pretty sure my Deltas have metal fittings, not plastic. No leaks. Mine came from a plumbing supply house.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Get a new girlfriend!

Get a new girlfriend!

Get a new girlfriend!

Then wrap the pipe with 4 or 5 rolls of duct tape . . . . . .

Reply to
Official.Problem.Solver