Bathroom Mirror.

masny years ago we purchased bedroom furniture that included a six foot long bureau with two vertically mounted wood framed mirrors. The 'glass' in each is about 27 by 40 inches. We used only one of the mirrors. Some years later needing a bathroom mirror we used only the glass without the frame in the bathroom, mounting it with six of those clear plastic 'clips (brackets) that are each secured to the wall by a single screw. There has been slight edge damage to the silvering on the back of the glass; however if I put it back in the frame which I will modify slightly in order to mount the mirror 'sideways' the frame will cover those edges. My question however is; In modifying the frame and mounting it what, if any, precautions should be taken because of the heat and dampness in the bathroom? Bathroom has no window but has an effective ceiling fan. Should I, for example, spray a plastic coating or sealant over the back of the silvering or could that be a poor idea and cause it to peel off? Since have otherwise rebuilt bathroom would like to do the mirror part of the job properly. Any advice regarding bathroom mirrors etc. would be most welcome. Thank you. Terry.
Terry wrote:

Spray it with urethane varnish, it won't hurt the silvering unless it's already about to fall off. Concentrate a bit more spray around the edges.
Even if you eventually have to buy a new piece of silvered glass for that mirror, one that size won't break the bank.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Thanks for your advice Jeff. Will do. Terry.