Bathroom floor slope to drain

I would like to put a floor drain a bathroom redo, with the shower in a corner and the rest of the floor sloped to the shower drain. Bathroom size is about 7x8'.
I've read instructions for shower pans and tiled floors that the slope should be 1/4" per foot. A building inspector friend suggests 1/8" per foot in the area of the shower and then 1/16" per foot elsewhere. There is no code in this state for slope.
If bathroom is formed by lines AB, BC, CD and DA, AB and CD will be about 8' and BC and DA will be about 7.
Right now I'm thinking of the shower in a corner AB-BC with the drain about 1' from the wall. I'm also thinking of a shower area of that would formed by a 4 or 5 foot radius from corner B.
A corner toilet will be in the opposite corner. Obviously this has to be level.
How would you suggest the slope?

Franz Fripplfrappl
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

I would use the inspector friend's recommendation. Too much slope in a bath that size makes you think you're on a sinking ship and looks poor.
If the floor will routinely get wetted down, remember that water will puddle in the grout lines.
Jim
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:34:36 -0400, Speedy Jim wrote:

Good point about grout lines. Thanks.

Franz Fripplfrappl
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

Don't use wide grout lines, the narrower the better in bathrooms.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

Is this on a slab? If so, the slope wouldn't matter all that much if you don't mind pools of water or mopping up same.
If it isn't or you do, I'd want at *least* 1/4" per foot in the shower area and not much less elsewhere. Toilets can always be leveled.
If it were me I'd stick some tile on a piece of plywood, grout it and see how water runs at various slopes.
--

dadiOH