Bathroom Exhaust Fan ......With Timer?

I wonder if there is a fan, or a wall switch for one, that includes a timer. What I would like is to have it run a set time, like 30 min., for showers and then shut off automatically. Is there such a thing?
Menards. easy 2 wire hook up.
Tom

Try www.airshack.com. They have nice, quiet Broan units that have the humidity sensor. When the wall switch is in the on position it turns on automatically when someone is using the shower, and then shuts itself off automatically after a few minutes. By flicking the wall switch off then on you can turn the fan on manually as well.
You can adjust the humidity sensitivity for the sensor and the shut off time on the unit. Uses standard wall switches and costs about $125 if I remember correctly.
The ones I found at the big box stores were waaaay too loud for my tastes.
Intermatic and AMF paragon are the names on the two we have. They are a simple spring driven timer, like a kitchen timer, that replaces the on/off switch. You can set them for any period up to the maximum. From experience, I would go with a 60 minute model; you can always set it for less if you need less.
Norminn wrote:

In addition to the standard timers others have mentioned, you might be interested in a "time-delay off" switch such as this one: <http://www.energyfederation.org/consumer/default.php/cPath/39_766_134
It's a switch which when shut off still runs the fan for an additional period of time, settable from 1 to 60 minutes. There is also an additional switched power lead which shuts off immediately, in case you wish to control a light and a fan from the same switch. I'm quite happy with mine. One "feature" which is not described in the documentation is that if power comes on after a power failure and the switch is off, the fan still runs for the time delay period.
Cheers, Wayne
Norminn wrote:

I have one something like this
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId 0355-79-27178
It has buttons for on, off, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I have had a 'homebrewed' electronic timer on my most used bathroom for 30 years. It uses a 555 timer and is set for about 5 minutes .... just enough time to clear the room. It has an on button and an off button. That said, the 5, 10, 15, 30 minute timer would be real nice, however, the link at Lowes said it was no longer available. Does anyone know any more info about this unit?
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Lowes link worked for me.......

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId 0355-79-27178

It is a Leviton timer switch, comes in two versions a 20 amp one that is rated for motors such as a fan, and a 5 amp one for incandescent lamps. They also are available in different timings, I cannot remember but I think the maximum times are 15 minutes, 30 minutes and one hour with the buttons for shorter intervals. Any Leviton dealer should have them available. You can also find them -- and many other great items -- on the Leviton website.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId 0355-79-27178

Well, apparently when you enter your zipcode in the Lowes site, it checks the local Lowes (a brand new store) and the part doesn't exist there. However, others have put up links to similar products. Thanks. I especially like the timers with buttons to select the time.
Charlie wrote:

Mine is similar..Its a GE 'decora' match switch with buttons for 10-20-30-60 min $ 9.99 up here in Canada
I second the GE model. Real nice and uses standard faceplates too.
You can get them all over on ebay too.
Tom
Art Todesco wrote:

Strange - my Lowe's has it. Now I have to find a 3 hole wall plate with one large opening. Found a sectional one, but have never seen them. Will have to check it out. Thanks.
Mine came from Lowes.

I am considering the Leviton 4255-Ivory Multi Timer Switch for use with a Panasonic FV-08VQL3; see: http://www.smarthome.com/4253.html
Norminn wrote:

Of course. Most/many motels and RV places use them.
Take a look at this fan from Broan: http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?ProductIDd7
It has a humidity sensor that turns it on and a timer that allows you to adjust how long it will run after it senses humidity.
Broan fans are no comparison to Panasonic units.
If the original poster is also choosing the type of units to use, do alot of research and ask you local plumbing suppy house too. (many carry fans too)
How quiet the fan is, is one of the most important long term things you have to look at.
Tom