Bath vanity drain pipe - glued or screwed?

I'm trying to remove my vanity cabinet but the center pipe (drain) won't budge by hand. Is this glued? It has grips on it like it would be screwed on. I can't get the vanity cabinet out with this on unless I cut out the back of the cabinet. I thought I'd ask before trying (gently) with a pipe wrench.

Reply to
Tomas

Cut it off with a hack saw and get a new one if you want to reuse the setup. The things are rather modest $$ at your box store. Ought to unscrew with a suitable wrench though.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

It is probably screwed on...Use your pump plyers or pipe wrench to loosen it if it won't start by hand......Counterclockwise IIRC....If it is glued I would just cut it off with a hack saw or sawzall...Pretty easy and cheap fix....

Reply to
benick