Bath Tub reglazing

Im interested in getting my bath tub reglazed. Does anyone have first hand information or experiences with it? Does the reglazing actually work and last for a long time? If so, about how. Any information on your experiences would be helpful. Thank you.

Do you mean refinished as in epoxy-painted? "reglazing" requires removal of the tub and sending it off to be coated and oven-baked to melt the ceramic glazing.
The epoxy-paint style refinishing is best done by a pro who has experience and the right materials,and will warranty their work.
I've heard that the urethane finishes are best,they don't yellow like the epoxy paints.
Then you need to clean them ONLY with non-abrasive cleaners,like 409,if you want them to last.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

What about Dow Scrubbing Bubbles? Would that be too strong for an epoxy painted tub?
blan wrote:

409 like jim said. no strong stuff, not even bleach. per the company that did mine.

Mine lasted 8 years and I called them back to honor the warranty. They didn't even try to pro-rate it - they just redid it. It has taken on some odd watermark like stains but they aren't very noticeable.

Your tub must be perfect for it to work well. Mine was an old claw foot and when they epoxy it, all the old sins telegraphed through the paint.
Dave Scudamore Aroundtoit Handyman