Basement wall repair

Anybody have cracks in a poured basement wall repaired by an injection system? I'd appreciate any observations pro or con.

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Had it done on my daughter's townhouse and it did the job. A heck of a lot easier and cheaper than digging down and repairing it from outside, easier than chiseling out the crack and filling it with hydraulic cement - both of which I have done in the past.

Reply to
clare

Yes. Had mine done by U.S Waterproofing after a work mate told me they stood by their guarantee on work 20 years after they did it for him. Poured basement walls had 2 cracks and a through the wall sewer cleanout pipe that would leak when the ground got saturated. Cost $950 to fix them all, including a 3rd crack found by one of the guys doing the work. Four years ago, and no leaks. Didn't like the price much, but glad I did it. A dry basement is very nice.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Only $1000 for a dry basement? You hit the lottery.

John

Reply to
John

Wasn't that bad, just few little streams that ran to the floor drain. The streams would take different course depending on how bad it was coming in. Except for the pipe, which had crumbling hydraulic cement and was the worst leak, the cracks were really small, maybe 1/16" max. It kept us from keeping stuff on the floor in about 1/4 of the basement. Just not right. Only a few times a year, when the ground got really saturated. Didn't start until we were here about 5 years, but the walls were poured in 1959 I think. We lived with it for about 3 years, because I put off tackling it myself. Then felt guilty about it. I looked at it as a $950 expense, and I could afford it. Wiped away all guilt and thinking about it. Once I knew about the guarantee and the guy came out and gave me the cost, it was all over. That's the best part of hiring stuff done by pros. You can forget about it. They did some chisel work, and injected something in the cracks with hand powered injectors, and putty knifed the same stuff over the entire cracks. The cosmetics are bad, but don't bother me. It's another thing I didn't have to learn about to use once. All I know is it's really hard stuff, and looks like shiny gray plastic. Even a razor knife hardly touches it. Two guys, about 3 hours. They did well, and so did I. But it was a good job on the initial pour, and that's the main reason it wasn't costly to fix. I hit the lottery when I bought the house. First one I ever looked at where I liked all the materials and workmanship.

Reply to
Vic Smith