baseboard in bathroom

I want to put new baseboard trim in my bathroom. It is an apartment building, I`m on 1st floor. The question is: when I get to behind the toilet and sink area (side by side) do I have to watch for water pipes in the walls? It had quarter round, and now I want to put a 3 inch basboard in. I will hand nail the baseboard in. Patt

There is a pipe coming up to the valve. Use construction adhesive in that area.