Baseboard Hydronic Radiation Unit

I am in the process of planning the remodeling of a full bathroom, and have question about Slant Fin baseboard radiator unit.

The Slant Fin website shows several lines of residential units. I am considering the Fine/Line 30RR Series in a four foot length.

How do I determine the flow rate ? Either 1 GPM or 4 GPM specs are given at that website.

Is there marking shown at my boiler that would tell me the rated flow rate? I know that the copper pipe size is 3/4 inch.

Regards, ~ Vince ~

Reply to
Vince

Several things determine flow rate. Circulator size is the real factor, but it also has to do with the restriction in the piping (legnth, diameter[3/4", i know], how many ells, etc). The markings on the boiler don't mean a whole lot.

Besides, most all baseboard is figured at 600 BTU's per linear foot at 180° water, more or less. If you look at the chart on that page, there's not a lot of difference between the flow rates.

Reply to
HeatMan