Bamboo Flooring

Does anyone have any experience or opinion about bamboo flooring. The bamboo material that I have been looking at is three layers that are glued together. I have seen it in several new condos in town but wonder whether it is a durable flooring. Comments appreciated.

Reply to
Pelorus

I have installed prefinished bamboo flooring in two of my bedrooms for 4 years now. No complaints. Love the simple, clean look. Before I bought it, I took a single plank home as a sample. I also had oak hardwood floor planks, pine planks, engineered wood (ply with oak or cherry veneer). I took them and soak them in water for one hour. Then I took them out and let them dry naturally. The bamboo was the only piece that dried with no appreciable warping and deformation. I love it.

The only slight problem was the prefinished planks came beveled. If you want unbeveled they will be unfinished, and you will have to finish it yourself, which is probably what I will do next time. The bevel tend to make it easier to trap small dust particles when you sweep the floor.

HTH,

orangetrader

Reply to
damn-spam

I'm in the process of putting down a engineered Bamboo floor by Mastercraft (floating floor). Pieces go together real quick. It looks nice.

Also, I picked these because it was more durable than solid wood and it will wear better than laminate. When I was picking out flooring, i tried forcing the edge of a coin into the display pieces to see how easly the boards dent. This was the only flooring I couldnt leave a mark on.

Reply to
c_kubie

Reply to
Phisherman

I picked mine up at Menards (IL) when they were on clearance. It was about 2.60 sq/ft. And I bought this about a year ago, and now just getting to putting it in.

If I knew it was this easy, I would have done it sooner.

Reply to
c_kubie