Bamboo Flooring?

We installed about 600 sq ft of it over the winter in an addition we built. I bought it from

and it was under $4 sq ft. It's

5/8" thick and each piece is 3" wide and 6' long and the floor can be refinished. When you are looking at bamboo flooring, see if it's vertical or horizontal. Each look is different and you may find you like one over the other. Bamboo flooring isn't stained to change the color....it's 'smoked' and the smoking can decrease the hardness so you might be better off with the natural color which is what we went with.

As to putting it down, it went down just like oak we've put down and it looks great. We are now considering putting it on the first floor of the house.

Reply to
CAStinneford

Well I finally agreed to have wood flooring in the house. My wife is all hot for bamboo flooring because its a quickly renewable resource. Looked at Lowes today and fopund out that "bamboo is stronger than maple and more durable then oak." Anyone have any experience or knowledge about bamboo flooring?

Thanks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

I installed bamboo in my kitchen about 8 months ago (350 sq ft). As for "strength" and "durability," it will dent and scratch just like the other wood floors in your house if you drop something on it like a can of beans or a knife- that happens in the kitchen. Most companies will send you a sample piece if you ask. I ended up purchasing it for about $4.50 a square foot. There are many lower priced alternatives, down to about $2 a square foot. No problems with installation.

Reply to
bill_anderst