Bad smell from wall

Hi,
We have a bad smell in our bedroom on 1st floor of house. This is the 2nd time this happened. I think the first time was 2 months ago and it went away. So dead animal seems likely. I don't see any signs of mice in our home and there are no obvious openings. The floor underneath the room is open to the basement so its not from underneath.
I guess I should set some traps and see if there is anything in the house. I haven't heard anything either.
Anybody else ever have this? Any tips on how to deal with it would be appreciated.
Thanks, Steve

Dead mice have a distinctive odor that you would remember if you had smelled it before.
Do you have any Asian ladybugs roaming around your home? They have an offensive odor that is apparently a defence mechanism (or they stink if you squish them).
On 29 Oct 2004 14:41:11 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (njsteve) wrote:

A failed auto vent. You would be surprised how often they are used for cheaper plumbing renovations.