Bad smell - electrical?

Page 2 of 2
Good point, Erik. I have seen that with the bad aluminum wire where the electrician looped through the outlets. The outlet that fried had nothing plugged into it; the load was from downstream.
Erik wrote:

njsteve wrote:

I'd just replace the outlet and see. Tony

This is Turtle.
Replace the receptical and both plug for the stuff plugged into it. When you have hot plugs on a light load, you usely looking at a loose connection or a bad connection on the receptical.
TURTLE