Bad musty odor from central heat vents

Hi~

The ground floor heat vents have a really funky musty odor in them. Could this be mold? The smell is much much worse on warm days but not noticeable on cold or mild days. All other vents smell OK.

What's the repair going to cost?

Reply to
jenniferpease

Its probably mold, first you need to find and fix the cause of it, are the ducts in a crawlspace, maybe the drain for the Ac coil is clogged.

Reply to
m Ransley

If you have central air conditioning in your home I have an answer for you...if not then I don't.

Reply to
Jim

Ducts in crawlspace open or system has mold in evaporator compartment.

Reply to
Al Moran