Backup power

Page 2 of 2
On 11/26/2014 7:14 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

> the garage. El Cheapo multimeter is

A battery tester is a battery tester. Everything else is just a beer.
Who can recall the rest of the jingle for me?
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:36:42 -0500, Stormin Mormon

He DID say "battery tender". If it IS a "battery tender" he's OK. If it's a Harbor Fright charger all bets are off. One thing he could do is take the battery to a battery shop and have them test it with a "mid-tronics" type battery analyzer. Noit a load tester, not a voltmeter, - only a "mid-tronics" tester. It will "give the battery it's physical".

I'm talking about a multimeter the size of other multimeters with settings for ohms, DC milliamps up to 10 amps, DC voltage, AC voltage and also battery voltage.
On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 7:58:22 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I've never seen one of those for testing 12V lead/acid batteries. But if it exists and works, that would be a solution. Alternatively, he could try to pick up one of the handheld battery testers on Ebay or similar. The battery tester type put a load on the battery while measuring the voltage.
I know a few people who use IOTA chargers in combination with their IQ4 battery maintainers with positive results. (sorry... could not resist, its' futile.)
http://www.iotaengineering.com/iq.htm
Steve
On 11/26/2014 10:52 PM, Steve Stone wrote:

I'm currently having a negative reaction to your impedence. Impudence. Insignifigance. Some thing like that. Wish more people had power backups at ohm.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news:5ktc7apuv9tdp9gkk0ub1o9lq42o251idn@ 4ax.com:

Yes. Genuine Battery Tender. That's why I capitalized it.
According to its manual, it should do a good job.
On 11/27/2014 12:49 PM, KenK wrote:

Termite walks into a bar and asks "is the bar tender here?"

A Rabbi, Priest, Minister, a duck, a rabbit, and a bear all walk into the bar at the same time. The bartender looks up and says, "Is this a joke?"