Axle End Cap

He said So far so good, so I was wiling to wait along with him. If he was asking for advice, I'm very literal and it eluded me.

Reply to
micky

After the old stand-by - fence wire.

Reply to
clare

Or wire ties from the grocery store.

I borrowed a suitcase last month, because the wheels and handle of mine stuck out and made it too big to carry onl, accordign to their rules. .

It looked** brand new but the zipper tab came off the first time I pulled, and I barely pulled. It was a nylon zipper, very clean, and very easy to move in either direction. The tab came off several times. Close examination showed that, rather than the tab having an opening in its end, the slider had an opening. **Later I noticed the address card in the little window, and it had first been marked with the address they havent' lived at for 5 years. So it wasn't brand new.

The slider seemed like cast aluminum to me. Not a good idea to squeeze the opening shut.

Is cast aluminum the right material to use here? Or cast anything?

So I used a grocery vegetable department wire tie. Removed the paper, and was able to go twice around, tying the tab loosely to the ring at the other end from the opening (the ring meant to match t he ring on the other slider going the other direction and hold a tiny padlock.

The owner used the suitcase last week and so far it works fine.

Reply to
micky

I was looking on the web for the exact same reason. My garbage guys broke the wheel. I ended up using a set of channel locks and just rocked it back and forth until it popped off. It took a while.

Reply to
Heather h

replying to DerbyDad03, Myke500 wrote: Thanks for the part name. Came across this thread in search of how to replace a wheel on a pint stripper. Same plastic wheel on an axle with a pal nut. found this great youtube video that demonstrates how to remove and replace a pal nut (on a trash can) - thanks!

Myke500