Automatic door bottom?

Better than 50 years ago a device that closed the gap between the door and sill was installed in the front door. Simple installation as it seems a groove was routed in the bottom of the door for a strip with possibly felt was inserted and as the door was closed a plunger would strike a plate pushing the felt against the sill. Would like one but haven't seen anything resembling it anywhere. Source? Gap under door to laundry almosts whistles during prevailing west breezes.

Are you sure the dryer's outdoor vent cover is closing properly?
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=dryer+vent
=~~~~~~
I bathroom window faces west and prevailing winds are westerly. "Whistles" was a little literary license. The door to the laundry is adjacent to our round table in the family room and wife is sensitive to cold breezes.
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:12:20 -0500, "Dan O."

When I used to machine commercial doors I have always used Pemko door bottoms. http://www.pemko.com /
--
Remove the two instances of "REM" in my email address to reply.

< snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net> wrote in message
Thanks Gary, exactly what I was looking for. Appears as though an 800 number leads to a location about 15 miles away! GREAT site!
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:58:29 GMT, "Gary"

snipped-for-privacy@frontierREMnet.net says...

This one doesn't even need routing... haven't tried it myself, though.
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/Parent.asp?product 6745x
--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!