autoflo humidifier

Looking for reccomendations on a humidifier for my forced air system. Any HVAC guys out there have a good reccomendation? Right now I am considering the autoflo s2000, it's pricy but it looks like it's the best. Just can't find any reviews on it anywhere. Any suggestions?
Thank you
Mzone719 wrote:

I suggest Aprilair. It is not the cheapest, but it seems to be the most respected. I personally have one and I am very happy with it.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
April air has a model that is set and forget. it tracks outside temp with an outside thermometer and adjusts humidity automaticaly so you dont overhumidify and have condensation problems. Condensation leads to mold growth and window wood rot.
Save your money and buy an Aprilaire. Greg

any particular aprilaire model? Someone told me the aprilaire are problematic because they shoot water out into the duct work which leads to "pooling" and then rotting duct work.
Thanks again

Sounds like an uninformed person. I would be more concerned with water collecting in the ducts with a steam humidifier than a Aprilaire. Check out their website, and go from there. http://www.aprilaire.com/ I guess I would recommend either the model 700 or 600 depending on your situation. Greg
Who told you they "shoot water into the ductwork" a contractor that does not sell them?? Was it Dave Hvac Fella ?
Mine wets a steel pad outside the duct. Look into the Automatic model.
Mzone719 wrote:

Now that is a good one.
There are some mist type humidifiers that do spray water, but I don't think Aprilair has such a model.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math