Attic Ventilation

My attic has a ridge roof vent, but I noticed that there is an opening between the roof and the walls at the point where the gutters are located. Is this normal? I am having problems with bees getting into my attic and I'm thinking of blocking the opening, but am not sure if it is required for proper ventilation.
Rich Anton wrote:

For air to get out (ridge roof vent) air has to get in.
-- dadiOH _____________________________
Right. Those are the soffit vents as the hot air is released through the ridge vent cooler air comes in there to displace it. Depending on the vent covers in the soffits try to replace them with screened ones to keep the bees out.
--

Pop
"dadiOH" < snipped-for-privacy@x-mail.net> wrote in message
Pop wrote:

Bearing in mind that screening reduces the area available for air to enter and a screen small enough for bees would stop a LOT of air. Ridge vents operate by convection, so:
1. Put in more soffit vents, or 2. Put in one or more wind turbines.
Rich Anton wrote:

That is just the way it is suppose to be.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I think I found the problem. I have soffit vents, but the board that backs the gutter to the soffit, is damaged or not installed properly. I think that is where the bees are getting in. I think I'll try to put some screening material in to block the gap, but getting to the location will be difficult.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Rich Anton) wrote in message

Bees hate the smell of Dettol. http://www.wifglobal.com/catalog/dettol_1445498.htm