Attic Insulation

I have to replace the original sheetrock in a bathroom ceiling. Attic insulation is a little bit of 1950's era rock wool and trying to reuse it is not worth the trouble, so I plan on throwing a couple of bats of the pink stuff between the 2X6 joists.
Should I get faced insulation, installing the facing against the ceiling sheetrock or should I go with unfaced? Does it make any difference that it is a bathroom and any air escaping will be humid?
Your thoughts?
John
Yea, you want to have a good vapor barrier. New unfaced stuff will not be as good a vapor barrier as the old was.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
"John?] "

If you using dry wall in the bathroom blue board is the best for longevity
Make sure the pink stuff is deep enough for your area.
On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:40:44 GMT, "John] "

Use unfaced if you are adding to the existing insulation. Use faced insulation otherwise, and get the thickest stuff you can find. Seal around every opening crack you can find with caulk before you insulate to prevent moist air escape.