Attic Fan Thermostat??

I have a vent-a-matic attic fan, 2 of them actually, each with the thermostat control. Not sure of the model(s).
My question is the thermostat has a tempature range adjustment from 60 degrees to over 100.
Do I adjust this temp. setting for when I want the fan to come on....or go off when it reaches the selected temp??
TIA
Orv wrote:

It goes on when the ambient temp. in the attic goes higher than the thermostat set temp, and switches off when the temp drops below the thermostat temp.
njmodi wrote:

I don't know that particular thermostat, but most have hysteresis that results in the "off" temperature being 5-10 degrees below the "on" temp. Otherwise you could get "chatter."
The markings on such thermostats often aren't terribly accurate, so might relate to the "on" or the "off" point or somewhere in between.
----------------- Thanks for the help.......I actually thought more about my post afterwards and realized it was the 'is the glass half full / half empty' type of question.