john deere blade clutch will not engage

I have a 10 year old john deere sx38 lawn tractor. Over the last year intermittantly the blade clutch has become disengaged suddenly while cutting the lawn. When I try to reengage the blade nothing happens. The engine keeps running it is just the blade that becomes disengaged. Then it suddenly start working again. Today it stopped working and I have not been able to get it to reengage. When I pull the electric button to engage the blade nothing happens. I don't hear anything.The electric to the clutch appears to be working ~2amps.

Thanks in advance for any sugestions.

Regards,

Warren

Reply to
warren_fay

Is there power to the clutch? If so, the air gap may need adjusting. Otherwise, probably a safety switch or shorted wire.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry