Attaching basketball goal to composition roof? leaks?

Will screw holes through a compostion roof compromise its integrity too much?
My driveway slopes slightly down from the garage door, and I would rather have the goal perpendicular to this slope rather than parallel.
Will asphalt or rubber cement substances be adequate to prevent leaks when I attach the frame? Or is it just a bad idea altogether to go through the composition shingles?
Thanks,
David
David Watkins wrote:

It won't hurt cause leaks if you seal it. Just remember that the screws have to go into the rafters and they have to be tight because there is a lot of force on that basketball goal. Just the force needed to stablize the backboard will seal the holes. To be safe, dab a little tar sealer into the holes and between surface of the composition shingles and whatever is above it. There are a lot of ways to mount the backboard. I mounted mine on 2x4s laid flat and the bolted the 2x4s to the rafters. I had one on my roof for about 12 years, with no leaks.

Be safer and buy one of those portable bases/poles, you don't do any damage to your roof, you don't have a thump throughout the house everytime someone shoots at the basket, and you don't have an ugly backboard and hoop permanently attached to your house. They can be bought so that the base is safely away from the playing area.
Dave

And you will always have the occasional wild man who slam dunks, or who hangs from the rim. I wouldn't put it on the roof, but on a pole.
Steve