Atlas Roofing Shingles RECALL

This is Turtle.

I just got through talking with the Roofing Contractor that installed my new shingles about a year or so ago. The brand of shingles was Atlas -- Pinnacle --

25 year warranty Shingles. I think they have switched the warranty to the 35 year warranty shingle since I had them installed about a year or so ago because the contractor was saying they would be replaced with 35 year warranty shingles.

Atlas is going to pick up the whole bill for replacing them and any clean up of the Rust colored stuff that was dripping off the roof and putting Rust stains in the Concrete around the house. One of the signs that it is the defective shingles is the concrete around the house where the water drips off the roof will have a Rust color stain all around the house where there is concrete. The company that makes them messed up used Metal or Steel in the place of Alumium made into the shingles to prevent algue or fungus preventive. If left alone it will make the shingle start to break down prematurely and cause leaks in a short while or time. Here is the Website of Atlas to see but they have no notice of this problem yet.

If I get any details of this, i will try to post them.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Thanks for posting, I am about to get my roof done.

Reply to
bobnotfred