Asphalt coating to home driveway

We are getting ready to sell our home and doing various repairs. Our concrete driveway looks pretty good but has a number of long cracks, probably from the earth shifting. A local business applies a thin asphalt coating that is supposed to create a smooth finish to the driveway. It is guaranteed for 2 years. Has anyone had this done? If so, was it a good idea or not?

2 inches base one inch of smooth finish. it will crack again after your long gone.
anything less than this will fail fast and leave you open to being sued