Asbestos question

The house I purchased last year (in which I live) has a greenhouse attached to its South side. Since the house was used, I hired an inspector come out before I decided to buy it.
The external wall of the house (internal of the greenhouse) has asbestos plates. The inspector said this is fine and I needen't worry about it. However, my girlfriend is telling me she gets headaches when she is out in the greenhouse working on plants, and today she said she wasn't feeling well when we were both out there (that she was having breathing problems). I was fine, but I don't spend as much time in there as she does.
The venitlation in the greenhouse isn't that great (I need to do some rewiring for the exhaust fan and the top windows that should open).
Should I be worried about these asbestos plates? There is one in particular that looks like it had a thick screw going into it at one point, and when (the screw was) removed caused some cracking. I know with asbetos in general there is no problem unless the plates are cracked and dust is released and inhaled. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have included a link to 2 pictures I took for better reference on what I'm talking about.
http://members.tripod.com/pytnom/asbestos /
TIA MP
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 24 May 2004 14:00:12 -0400, "MP"

It's not the asbestos. Completely wrong symptoms. She has allergies.
BB
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
She obviously has allergies to mold, or plants, or whats in the dirt, or is affected by chemicals in the greenhouse. Is it a gravel floor maybe pesticide or something non harmfull was spilled. The asbestos is not the problem. Ventilation is.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

well
was
What you have is a very common asbestos siding that has been used for many years. It won't cause headaches. The only danger is if you cut it or break it and inhale the fine dust from it.
Good chance she is exposed to some sort of chemicals used for the plants. Insecticides, fertilizers, etc will give off some fumes. Not to mention the plants themselves and all the mold spores and stuff. Before working out there she should probably run a fan for a few minutes to get a couple of air changes. Ed
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it. I didn't think it was the asbestos since none of the siding has been disturbed in any way.

break
the
to
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
MP writes:

This is a perfect description of hysterical illness, sometimes improperly called "allergies" to spare feelings, a mild mental disorder by itself.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Kinch, you aren't much of a chemist or physician. She could be affected by heat/humidity (less oxygen), pollen, chemicals. At this time of year, there probably isn't a gas heater working to heat the greenhouse, but...
I was at a friend's house once, with 7 other people (four adults, four children). The moment I entered the house my eyes started to burn. Have not experienced anything like it, before or since. Nobody else was bothered. It didn't let up until we went home, and we had discussed all kinds of possibilities. It felt like someone had sprayed vinegar in my eyes. Next day, at work, I mentioned it to one of the maintenance supervisors. He said they have a cracked thingamajigger on their gas furnace. I called friend and told her. She called gas company. Gas company checked the furnace and would not let her back in the house because the CO level was too high. My parents told me when I was a kid that I was "too sensitive". Must be part canary :o)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Kinch You fucktard Allergies are not a mental disorder , YOU are. Allergies are physical
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
m Ransley writes:

Thank you, Granny Clampett. Calling headache with dyspnea "allergy" does not make it one.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Kinch You fucktard Allergies are not a mental disorder , YOU are. Allergies are physical
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Some people are very sensitive to all sorts of stuff. It could be hard to figure out what though. Good luck
Terry
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.