arrgh new toilet doesn't fit when tank is attached

aaaarghh stupid wall
idiot for helping out wrote:

That's all we are to be told??
What is the rough-in distance of the flange center to wall?

Sorry, just complaining. I ended up putting the toilet in the next bathroom, which did fit. (Used one of those waxless rings, hopefully it will hold up). The toilet filler thingy (fill valve?) is kind of weird, it leaks from the top onto a pan on top of the float and also has an outlet hole in the center of the float, seems to work okay (shuts off when the float reaches the correctly level). Is this normal? I still have the fluidmaster from the old toilet, should I replace?

In case I do the other bathroom with the same model toilet, any ideas? (other than duh get the right size toilet). Distance from the center of the waste pipe to wall for non-fitting room was 11". Looked like I needed another 1/4" to 1/2".
they sell toilets that can go closer to the wall than the standard 12"

That's probably what I'll end up doing (getting one that fits). I'll see how the new one works out first, it was only $60 which is why I bought it. The old toilets are both non-low flush.

If in good condition (no cracks, etc) people will pay good money for those...
sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
idiot for helping out wrote:

Standard rough-in size (what the new toilet is) is 12". You can special order a 10" rough-in, but expect to pay $
Some brands are more "forgiving" than others. It's worth a stroll down the display aisle with tapemeasure to see if you can find a stock item with a hair less than 12" req'd. Jim

That's what I was afraid of.

Will do, thanks.
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:27:33 GMT, idiot for helping out

Check out the Eljer Savoy "comfort height". Fit a 11 1/4 rough with a little left over.
--
Mr.E