Are wet swiffers safe on wood floors

Just wondering if anyone has had a negative experience with the wet sniffers. -JohnJ

I have a dog who is one of those! <g>

It depends on the finish. My floor installer says Swiffer chemicals harm the finish he uses. He recommends (a) dry mop, (b) blue Tilex detergent if really necessary.
-- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) dphillipson[at]trytel.com
quoting:

They are advertising junk. Nothing more than an overpriced way to mop your floor. Plus the chemicals can actually harm cirtain floors.

My wife has been using one for some time, although I keep telling her that a simple damp mop would do the same. No harm so far to a water base poly finish.
Bob
We bought one at Sam's Club. Then we read the Swifters web pages. Brought it back unopened.
Charlie

says...

Rick
http://www.homemadesimple.com/swiffer/usenglish/products/wet_useful.shtml

All I can add is flooring inspectors love the product= increased business with hardwood flooring failures. This should tell ya'll something.
http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/installers1.htm
On 20 Jul 2003 16:04:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hardwoodinstaller.com (Ken Fisher) wrote:

Is there something on that site that relates to swiffers ? I didn't see any "floor care" links.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@undisclosed.com says...

See: http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/types.htm
Rick
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:13:12 -0400, "LaManchaDQ"

Still just another "anecdotal" essay with "we say they're bad".
I'm not doubting that they are, but I'd like to know which chemical in them is allegedly causing problems. I'll do a little web searching and see if I can come up with more than hearsay.
Bob