Are walk in showers draughty-your experiences pls??!

We are planning a walk in shower but have heard that because it is not an enlcosed area, it can be draughty and not nice n cosy. Can you tell me of your experiences pls?!
Thanks

I guess that would depend on the layout and draughty-ness of the room. If you've got a draughty bathroom, then any shower that is not shielded from the draught will, by default, be draughty.
You want it nice n cosy? Shower with a friend.

that is true. if there's no way to keep the increased humidity and warmth from the water, it will take a long time to make the shower area warm unless you go for things like a heated floor and hot air blowers.
Rebecca wrote:

Drafty? No. Not cosy? Depends on how big it is. One thing sure - you don't have to clean a door. It doesn't get all steamed up either.
--

dadiOH
Rebecca wrote:

We have a walk-in shower which isn't drafty at all. I once had a tub shower that was horribly drafty, but it drew air from under the door to the bathroom. Our shower curtain rod is only about 6" from top of opening, so there isn't much room for air to circulate into the shower. Now, I should mention I live in Florida and room air here is rarely below 75, normally closer to 80. Depends a bit how the room is arranged and when air warms in the shower, air temp in adjoining room, where does it pull from and is there room for a lot of circulation.