Anyone Used Fomofoam?

I have a 1960 brick/block house. The drywall is attached to the blocks on

1" furring strips. Our MBR is in the NW corner of the house, and it is an icebox in the winter.

I was looking at this stuff called fomofoam, and wondering if anyone else has used it, and if it is easy enough to install?

I know 1" ain't much, but they say that is about an R value of 7, which seems signficant.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

I had my 1969 block home insulated by a contractor by punching holes in the grout and filling the cavities in the block. Could not tell you what kind of foam it was. Made the home a LOT quieter. There was an difference in the sun exposed walls in the summer time. I insulated a west facing wall for the garage, no drywall at all. Outside hot inside just ambient. Stopped the heat transfer for that wall. I paid a contractor to do the job, about $900.00 for an 1950 sqft home with an 2 car garage. I also had them insulate the common garage wall (~35 feet long 9 feet high).

A lot of the foams require 2 parts and you need special equipment to install them.

Reply to
SQLit

R7 foam may be a type that out gasses and expands. Icynene is R 3.5 and does little outgassing. You are better taking off the drywall, stud it and do it dight.

Reply to
m Ransley