Any Water Well experts on here

Page 2 of 2

<snip>
All I can picture with his set up is a 'constant pressure' switch. If he has a pressure tank, that is the most screwed ukp installation I ever heard of.
On the subject of the well-house. No person in his right mind would put the pressure tank and fixin's in a well house. Those made sense back in the days of 'pumps above ground'. Put them in the house where there are no freeze up issues and one can actually access the workings easily. I hate crawling into one to work on a submersible pump system.
Harry K
Harry K wrote: ...

I don't know what your concept of a "well-house" is, but you're description ain't mine...the one here is 10x14 block w/ heat, lights, power outlets, etc., etc., etc., ... In this particular case, it was built w/ roof access to pull the pump, etc., as well altho the wellhead itself is now 100 yds removed as the original well failed.
Damn'ed if I want to work on a well or the pressure tank or anything else _inside_ the house... What a mess that would leave to clean up not to mention access. :(

I never saw a well-house that big. All the ones I worked on had just room enough for the tank and pump with just enough room to turn around in.
What "access" are you talking about? Walk into the area where the installation is and yuo are looking at a pressure tank and water heater with everything ritght there in the open.
Mess inside the house? From what? Unless you don't install it correctly, any "mess" is routed to the drains. Yes, the TPR valve on the water heater is supposed to be routed to a secure drain, not onto the floor.
Harry K
Jack Valance wrote:

So where did you spray the WD40? What relays? If the pump was good, a bad contact due to WD40 on it could very well fry the pump.