ant problem

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D4B87DF0F6126B620EAEE4F2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
The rain at this time of year in CA drives the ants indoors. What is the best way to get rid of of them? Any solutions that don't include toxic insect sprays?
Pls advise
Thanks
Dave
--------------D4B87DF0F6126B620EAEE4F2 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=UTF-8; name="dave.jung.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for David L Jung Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="dave.jung.vcf"
begin:vcard n:Jung;David L tel;fax:650 654-6214 tel;work:650 633-8506 x-mozilla-html:FALSE adr:;;;;;; version:2.1 email;internet: snipped-for-privacy@oracle.com fn:David L Jung end:vcard
--------------D4B87DF0F6126B620EAEE4F2--

Lots of people have a problem with Art. Oh...I see....Never Mind.
Some of those little ant traps, since you're non-toxic.

:) The rain at this time of year in CA drives the ants indoors. What is :) the best way to get rid of of them? Any solutions that don't include :) toxic insect sprays? :) Not sure by toxic sprays you are meaning just liquids and aerosols or including granules or any insecticide that would also include various baits. There are granulated growth regulators that could help along the foundation. Sanitation inside is usually the non toxic route to take, though if they are being chased in from the rains they will always be there unless you deal with them outside.
--

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Ant-Kil A couple of drops on their trail in a corner and they disappear. I got a 2oz bottle 7 years ago and still use it. It crytallizes in storage so it makes it hard to open after a while. I leave the nozzle open and stick a push pin in it.

Argentine sugar ants. Caulk works suprisingly well but the baits are a reasonable option. The little sticks with a metal disc full of jelly are pretty hard for anything but the ants to get at. Use the whole package! Another product is a liquid gel you put a drop on piece of cardboard & place it out of the way. You can also mix your own with powdered boric acid roach dust, sugar & peanut butter. Sometimes they like protien, sometimes they like sugar. It's not really very toxic and has no smell or anything. You can spray them with windex for the satisfaction of instant death but only the baits will have a chance of any real impact.
David L Jung wrote:

Terro liquid ant killer.
Place on little cardboard patches where you see ants. Wait 2 to 3 days. No more ants.
Great stuff. I know Wally World carries it here.

First investigate why the ants are there. Boric acid powder works well. There is a product "Tero" that contains boric acid and this works for sugar ants. Ants don't like to cross a chalk line or agriculture lime. For some reason I have never had much success with ant traps.
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:10:48 -0800, David L Jung

David L Jung wrote:

DDT works best (you can still find it if you try hard enough). Completely non-toxic to humans and pets.
Log onto www.gardensalive.com and buy "liquid ant bait". Comes in two ounce liquid bottle. Put some down in bottle caps, or small dishes. Let ants drink all they want and take it bck to the nest. No more ants. Worked for me!
--
Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated