Another Carpet Question

I was all set to buy new nylon carpet but today's paper has PET Polyester carpet on sale and it really looks good. It's heavier (91 oz), higher density, higher twist than the nylon....but I have no idea how well polyester carpet holds up. I know nylon is supposed to be better, but is it that much better? Thanks.