Another brave man stood his ground against loud music

Murder trial begins for Florida man who fatally shot teen during loud music spat The killing of the unarmed 17-year-old Jordan Davis, who was black, has bee n compared to the Trayvon Martin case. Davis was allegedly shot by Michael Dunn, 47, who is white, after an argument over loud music being played in t he parking lot of a Jacksonville gas station.

Read more:

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBil

"Bob F" wrote in news:lcrvq9$79g$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Doubtful. Clowns will be clowns -- if this idiot hadn't had a gun, he might have used a ball bat instead. The problem isn't guns. The problem is irresponsible assholes.

Reply to
Doug Miller

might have used a ball bat

Yep. I find that it's quite common for someone to go after a car full of possibly armed teenagers with baseball bat. Twenty or thirty whacks and you might fatally dent the car. (-: I am sure the occupants will cooperate with you and sit quietly in the car, waiting for you to reach them with your bat.

Certainly the kind of attack in question is as commonly committed with a baseball bat or a knife as it is by a gun. That's why we read about the many drive-by battings, knifings, blow-gun and bow & arrow attacks that occur across America every day. /sarcasm off

The problem is actually irresponsible a$$holes *with guns.* An irresponsible a$$hole with a gun tends to be far more successful at killing people than one with a knife. Or a baseball bat. Or a spear. Or a blow-gun.

What we've seen so far with the "popcorn killer" and the "loud music killer" is that events that previously *might* have ended in a shouting match or even a fistfight now end in murder. It will take a string of such cases before the pendulum swings back to sanity.

If you think "if it wasn't a gun, it would have been a knife, etc." is an accurate assessment, then ask yourself this: If you were sitting in a car and were about to face an armed assailant, would you rather face one who was coming at you with a 14 round Glock, a Louisville Slugger or a Bowie knife?

Reply to
Robert Green

Yet, more people are killed via bludgeoning. Easily looked up!

Reply to
Steve F.

They wouldn't go through all the effort if they had a gun handy.

Reply to
Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBil

The facts of the particular case under discussion are such that it's very doubtful the assailant would have been able to kill (or even injure)

*anyone* in that car with a baseball bat, knife or anything short of a gun or anti-tank weapon.

I think BobF was exactly right in implying this particular incident wouldn't have happened with any other form of deadly weapon. When was the last time you heard of a single assailant taking on a car full of young men (allegedly armed, but apparently not) *successfully* with a baseball bat? Not outside of a "Walking Tall" sort of flick, anyway.

Ironically, if the popcorn/texting shooter had carried a baseball bat into the theater instead of concealed pistol, it's doubtful the texter would have been killed. With one look he would have been on visual notice there's something wrong with the guy whining about texting during the previews. "He's got an effing baseball bat - WATCHOUT!" Maybe forced open carry in the answer. (-:

Reply to
Robert Green

I'm sure you meant the irresponsible asshole who was playing the loud obnoxious music then running his mouth when asked to turn it down. I wouldn't hesitate if to pop a cap in a DAN if it threatened me after I asked it to turn down its loud obnoxious music. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 2/6/14 11:18 AM, The Daring Dufas wrote: It's fun to be The Devil's advocate. I love it when Politically Correct,

The shooter had to be a liberal know it all. He was concerned about the kids' hearing. It was his job to keep them from going deaf.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Well, that one's bound to light up the board.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:ld0gen$35r$1@dont- email.me:

No, I certainly did not. I meant the irresponsible asshole who thought that a human life was a reasonable price to exact for loud music.

I can guess what "DAN" stands for.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You spelled it wrong, it's "def" as in "Def Jam". These people are actually walking around on Planet Earth. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well you have reached a new low...I wasn't sure which Dufus this was! Now I can roll you two SACs (stupid-ass-cracker) into one package! (maybe you're the same person?) No one should die for playing loud music...and would you shoot when your child was in your car? WTF...they should remove his brain by anal-rectomy...he ain't use in it anyway!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

somewhere between 500,000 and 2.5 million crimes are prevented each year because people own guns. If you don't wish to own one, that is your choice. And if you are a really strong believer please put a sign on your house alerting everyone that you don't own guns.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Where did you get that bullshit numbers from .. your asshole?

Reply to
Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBil

The problem with Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freaks is the fact that they are willing to give up their rights but they want to force everyone else to give up their rights too. If the P.L.L.C.F. decide they will submit to body cavity searches so they can be safe, according to them, you must also submit to an anal probe. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I'd have used a knife. And twisted it. A gun is too humane. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

I heard a guy say, "If you ever get romantically involved with a female physician, don't make her mad because she knows anatomy and what causes the most pain." ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I mentioned to BFriends of the Daughters that I was a trained fire and coroner's investigator as well as an RN. I knew all sorts of way to kill him w/o leaving evidence behind...

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I told them I have a .45 and a shovel.

SH

Reply to
Sherlock.Homes

And therein lies the rub... If we all meekly submit to the dreaded anal probe, can you imagine just how many more P.L.L.C.F.'s might be found? ;)

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused