Anchor to prevent freestanding bookshelf from tipping over

I have toddlers (need I say more?). I would like to anchor a freestanding bookshelf to the wall so that it does not topple over in case any of them have climbing aspirations.
The L-bracket works well for shelves in which the back is open, but I was hoping to find some kind of canvas strap to use for my closed shelves. Any suggestions?
Stephen
Molly screws worked on my mothers 2 pieced hutch.
--
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

You could install an L bracket between the top and the wall. It can be hidden easily and would certainly look better than a strap.
Don Young

I always but something under the FRONT of the bookcase to make it lean back against the wall. This is not permanent, and doesn't interfere with moving the thing.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com