an *excellent* toolbox drawer liner, but who made this "mystery" carpet pad (pix posted)

found some mystery carpet padding I -really- like and want to use to line my toolbox drawers, ALL of them. who MADE this stuff, anydernway? searches online can only find the more common 'shredded/rejoined cheap multi-color sponge types' of carpet padding.
there are good clear closeup pix of this (what I think is) carpet pad posted at
http://machines.awardspace.com/mystery_carpet_padding /
appears it's made entirely of 'reamalgamated' shredded tires. it's just over an eighth of an inch thick, mostly black, with occassional flecks of white...and it's -not- an 'open weave' deal, which I like...
anybody know the brand name and/or source for this stuff? I need like a hundred or 2 hundred square feet of it, new, or (yes) even USED :-)
thanks to all,
toolie
-- replies by e-mail, if any, will need to remove the weirdstuff from my address before clicking 'send'. thanks --
It kind of looks like padding used in vehicles
Searcher
dave wrote:

You have 200 square feet of toolbox drawers? Damn. Now I'm jealous and have to go off and measure mine. ;)

Put that horn button back in your VW!
Look up 'rubber matting'. Used for padding for machine operators to stand on, as vibration isolators, lining Beetle package shelfs under the carpet, all sorts of things. Any industrial supply or commercial flooring wholesaler should have several flavors in stock. A similar material is sold in interlocking squares for locker room floors and skating rink walkway use. Textured versions are available for doorway mats, but those often have drain holes punched in them. They even sell a thin version for lining tool boxes.
aem sends....
Here is something similar
http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid22 &

I don't know what it's called, but I've seen this stuff used as dunnage in trucks. ( I'm a retired truck driver ). They will put it down on the floor of the truck, then load the freight on top of it. It keeps the freight from sliding around. The shippers often used it when I hauled large rolls of newsprint or other types of paper. The warehousemen would just throw it away when they unloaded the truck. You might check at the receiving dock of your local newspaper. I've also seen it used on shipments of beer. And, why yes, I did haul home a bunch of it about 10 years ago and lined my tool drawers with it, works great. Paul

line
dave wrote:

How about the black rubber carpet runner? Like here: http://www.durablecorp.com/runners.htm?SRC=GG&ADG=RubRun Check the E-Z Kleen and Super-Dek
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I used pads for sleeping that I found in the camping section at Wal-Mart. I cut the shape of each tool into the pad so I could tell what was missing.
My wife brings home lots of that choped recycled rubber sdtuff withthe color flecks in it, and it is fine for a tool box liner pad or on the work bench. Best part is its easy to work with and free.

dave wrote:

http://www.kennedymfg.com/drawline.htm