Amana washer problem

We have an Amana model-LWA05AW washer. A while ago, we started noticing that on the permanent press and regular cycles, the machine would stop part of the way through the cycle, even if the load was well-balanced and not particularly large. At the time, the remedy was simple. We only needed to turn the cycle knob all the way around to where it had stopped, and push it on again. But gradually this became harder and harder to do, such that the cycle would never start again on either the permanent press or regular cycles. The only cycle that would work was delicate, and even here it needed to be started over several times.

It seems to me like there might be something wrong with the timer or the knob we turn and push to start the cycle. Perhaps the electrical contacts inside are frayed? Does this sound like a reasonable explanation? And if so, does anyone know the names of the parts I would need to buy to repair this?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Bayer

[...]

Yes, sounds like you need a timer. This is a fairly typical problem with the Amanas. You will need your full model, serial and 'P' numbers to order the correct part - you'll find them on a little red label somewhere on the outside of the washer. Alternatively, you could open the console and get the model number from the timer iiself - from memory, its a five digit number.

Reply to
Mad Mac

Hi all,

I found this one... Model:LWA05AW P#:PLWA05AW

assembly, quick connect.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks all, and sorry about the multiple posts.

Reply to
Ben Bayer

No problem, at least they were all sensible :-)

Reply to
Mad Mac