Amana vs Rheem Heat Pump

Hi All;
I currently reside in Korea but have a home in Va that I am renting out while I am overseas.I have been reading multiple posts about the equipment not being near as important as the installer. I can understand that concept. I also have read multiple threads about how Goodman is crap.
I need to install a heatpump in my rental house in Va. I am being quoted $10,200 for an Amana 96% variable speed furnace and a 14.5 SEER AC Heat Pump Comes with dual fuel, and a lifetime waranty on the compressor and heat exchanger along with a 10 year waranty on parts and labor.
Seeing as Goodman ownes Amana, I got several other quotes. I contacted a Rheem dealer and he wants 9600 to install a Rheem 92.4% furnace with a 13 SEER AC Heat Pump and it only comes with a 5 year waranty.
Both firms have good reputations and have been in business for 25 plus years. My question is what are the professional thoughts on the Amana with the longer waranty vs the Rheem with a lower SEER and a much shorter waranty.
If you install either of these systems or have them in your house, I would be interested in hearing what your thoughts are if you have the time to post.
Thanks Pat
I've been installing Rheem (same as Ruud) for 17 years with very little problems. They do make a 14seer, but I haven't installed any. Rheem was the first company to install Copeland scroll compressors in every unit they manufacture. Not too many Amanas around me.

Goodman makes the best air conditioners in the market, furnaces are pretty decent too. Buy one from the net and install it yourself. Can you get the army to transfer you to iraq? Nice place to visit on tour of duty.

that I am renting out

posts about the

installer. I can

multiple threads about how

Don't believe everything those 2 guys say about Goodman. Goodman also uses the Copeland scroll compressor in 14 seer units. Maybe even 13seer but my company doesn't usually mess with anything but high efficiency. Make sure you compare apples to apples. Janitrol is discontinued. Amana is a hard warranty to deal with even tho it is administrated out of the same building as Goodman. Goodman is easy to deal with and the 10 year warranty is inexpensive and transferable if you sell the home.

Janitrol is discontinued? They are still listing them on their website....
http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/

What you should not believe is anything Kathy says about Goodman. They are crap, pure and simple. She works for them and is either biased or has blinders on. By an American Standard or Trane if you want quality.
Soldier On.

but
but
hard
administrated
home.
says about Goodman. They

is either biased or

if you want quality.

We sell Trane too. And we fix them just as often. Trane warrantys cost about 4x as much as Goodman for the same coverage.
I didn't say that Goodman didn't use some scroll compressors. I said that Rheem/Ruud was the first company to install them in every unit, included 10 seer units. They did this starting in about 1989, which shows their commitment to quality. As everyone knows, the scroll compress is far superior to any other compressor. IMO, Goodman is junk, but you certainly have a right to defend your company and what they install. I just think you should not read something into my statement that simply was not there.

Kathy wrote:

LIARS!
AMEN to that!

I would have no problem with installing Goodman, Rheem, or Amana air conditioning systems. The important point and factor is the quality of the installation!

udarrell - Darrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCT SIZING ESSENTIAL for EFFICIENCY & BTUH PERFORMANCE
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

I'll do the install including new high R ducts for $4600.