Alternate source for replacement bag for Sears Lawnmower

Title says it all.
I am looking to replace the bag for a sears lawnmower that is less than 5 years old Sears wants about $180 for it Are there other sources for the same bag ?

Skip the bag and get a mulching blade.

The mulching blade is total crap. My dog can mulch better...
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

it comes out of the package, it won't work worth a damn.

I have 2 blades which I sharpen and balance myself. Even with a freshly sharpened blade, the mulching process is a disappointment.
Right now, I'm not willing to spend any money for a new mower. But at the rate that Sears wants to charge for a replacement bag, it might prove more economical to go looking for something better for the price.
snipped-for-privacy@isd.net wrote:

something more serious? If just worn, repair it with a patch of similar cloth or heavier.

Lent it to a neighbor a few years ago, he damaged it and didn't tell me about it. Now it's not useable. And the neighbor has since moved away.
I use the bag it to chop and bag leaves while giving the grass it's last cut. The volume of leaves has increased in volume by multiple factors in the last couple of years Different wind patterns, I guess.
Someone told me that it's possible to discover who the OEM for a Sears lawnmower is And that said OEM would have the same equipement available without the Sears markup. (I paid about $180 for that lawnmower when I bought it WITH the bag)
Sears typically sells other brands of equipment. Their mower engines were Tecumseh for awhile, I'm told their furnaces are same as Heil and Airquest.
They also usually require a different spec (slightly different size, etc.) so the original brand equipment doesn't fit.
Check some lawn mower shops, but I'm guessing you are not likely to get satisfaction with anything less than a Non-sears mower.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus