Air in Wood sove back boiler ??

Can anybody help here-We run a wood burning stove with a back boiler for hot water. After being on for half an hour we get a loud knocking and have to turn it down. Is this air in the back boiler- and how does it stay their- cold feed at bottom/hot at top. Can I cure this- chemicals added to feeder tank? or some sort of air outlet value???? 22mm pipe I think > Any Advise appreciated.
<sndevereux.uk> wrote> Can anybody help here-We run a wood burning stove with a back boiler

Neat systems. I've used them at camping cabins well in the woods and off all electrical grids.

Hot water making steam no doubt? Actually if the water is hot enough for use at that 1/2 hour stage, this is when you are supposed to turn it down. If not, you may blow a pipe fitting if it's like the one I used. There was a bleeder valve on it that would 'whistle' like a teapot almost and we'd lift a little plug to let pressure escape (much like bleeding off a pressure cooker).

Air outlet valve would be the trick *if* it's like the one I used.

You may find the following link useful. One fellow in Wales has one with a back burner like you may have.
http://www.off-grid.net/forum/topic/101

I'm not familiar with your setup, but I am familiar with steam boilers. Sounds as though you are heating it up enough to make steam. The steam is making water knock, a very common thing that can damage pipes. You should be circulating the water to maintain a more even temperature below the boiling point. Adding chemicals won't help.