Advise requested: where to run sprinkler wire, attic or around?

Hi there. I'm pretty bad, I'm a do-it-yourself wannabe. I try to do things, usually do an okay job just takes me 3 times as many trips to home depot as it should.
I want to run sprinkler wire, I have a timer in my garage for the front yard. I just put in sprinklers in the back, I'm proud of my work. But now I want to run wire for the timer.
I figure choices would be to put in a new timer, which is costly, and there's no outlet out back. Or I can run wire to the existing timer, which can handle the extra valves.
The problem is how to run the wire. I can go up the wall, along the ?? whatever it's called, eaves? With little c-clamp things that nail into wood, around the side of the house toward the garage, and then find a way in, or I can go up the wall, find a way into the attic, across the attic, and then into the garage from attic, and down the wall to the timer.
Tho not great, there's some pictures of the 'path' I just took, at http://pages.sbcglobal.net/imafriend/sprinklers.htm
Digital cameras are a great thing, aren't they?
Any advice would be most warmly welcomed! Thanks!
DougB
DougB wrote:

line..
On 5 Sep 2003 20:11:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (DougB) wrote: