Advice on outdoor game cameras? Specific requirements...

We have a remote cabin in eastern WA state, and want to enhance our security when we are not there. There is one narrow road to access property, so there is a small area where camera can mount.
Looking for a "game" camera with the following properties, and not having any luck on Google...
1. Weather proof - will be outdoors. 2. Must be battery powered, no power supply where it will mount 3. Motion activated 4. Must record to SD card, no wifi available
Anybody know if such an animal is available? Suggestions appreciated.
"gwandsh" wrote in message
We have a remote cabin in eastern WA state, and want to enhance our security when we are not there. There is one narrow road to access property, so there is a small area where camera can mount.
Looking for a "game" camera with the following properties, and not having any luck on Google...
1. Weather proof - will be outdoors. 2. Must be battery powered, no power supply where it will mount 3. Motion activated 4. Must record to SD card, no wifi available
Anybody know if such an animal is available? Suggestions appreciated.
Just about every one of them do all of the above
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php?sid 24a959ca7d1eb0570ef37a14cb8d32

etc) What you describe is pretty much all of them. They start around $75-80 and go up from there. I have a cheap one and I end up with hundreds of pictures of leaves blowing around. It does shoot pretty good pictures (5MP) day and night and I get over a week out of a set of batteries. It will take a 32g SD card. The night pictures are black and white IR pictures
Per gwandsh:

Decide whether you want visible or invisible IR for the flash.
Sounds counter-intuitive, but when some IR's go off to illuminate a night shot, they give a very visible flash of red - an invitation to theft, IMHO.
--
Pete Cresswell

Mine is visible red. Not bright, but visible. Mine works ok to about 20 feet. They seem to have quarks. I don't understand their trigger philosophy. Paid about $50 plus card.
Greg
gwandsh wrote:

There is one narrow road to access property, so there is a small area where camera can mount.

I ended up buying the Moultrie 880-i. The main reason I picked that one is I found a kit on Ebay that included a security box. The critters don't seem to notice it taking their pictures. It sometimes takes pictures of vehicles driving by on the county road about 100 yards away.