Adapt a snow blower to rototiller or vice versa?

Anyone know if this has ever been done. I was using a rake and hoe to smooth out my vegetable garden after turning it over with a pitchfork.
Our Naperville, IL, soil is more suited to make bricks than grow vegetables. In fact, there was a brick factory in town at the same time the farmers were turning the prairie over to plant corn and wheat.
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 5:25:40 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Even if you reverse the tines, (snowblower feeds to the center) how would you open the housing ends to move dirt out?
On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:57:18 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Blow the chopped soil out the spout like snow??? Somehow I can't see it working. A rototiller might chew up packed snow making it easier to shovel???
There sused to be a few companies that made power units that you could attach a tiller, blower, mower, or things like log splitters to but that's a different story completely
On 4/12/2015 7:15 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I believe that Troy-Bilt (MTD Power Products) has just introduced/reintroduced the power head variety of tools concept.
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 5:25:40 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

I would like to see someone come up with plans for something like that. Few people need a snow blower and a rototiller at the same time.

Ariens used to have one years ago, and Gravely. I think mabee Gilson as well - and Bolens???
On 4/12/2015 8:25 PM, Davej wrote:

Good idea, but most combo tools compromise performance on both. Good performance would be critical to its success.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Especially true since neither is super expensive like some farm equipment, for example.
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 7:25:03 PM UTC-5, Davej wrote:

In the same vein...a Ski-Do and a Sea-Do! (I don't want to see pictures of snowmobiles on water, thanks...so don't be cute)
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 06:37:00 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

They do have snowmobile races on water.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowmobile_skipping
On 04/12/2015 05:25 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRODnV5E16U

if you'd like to talk about ways of dealing with clay garden soil and not having to do much tilling at all send a post to rec.gardens or rec.gardens.edible and i'll be happy to help.
we have a lot of clay here and i have several thousand square feet of gardens and don't do much tilling at all...
songbird