Adapt a snow blower to rototiller or vice versa?

Anyone know if this has ever been done. I was using a rake and hoe to smooth out my vegetable garden after turning it over with a pitchfork.

Our Naperville, IL, soil is more suited to make bricks than grow vegetables. In fact, there was a brick factory in town at the same time the farmers were turning the prairie over to plant corn and wheat.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Even if you reverse the tines, (snowblower feeds to the center) how would you open the housing ends to move dirt out?

Reply to
bob_villa

Blow the chopped soil out the spout like snow??? Somehow I can't see it working. A rototiller might chew up packed snow making it easier to shovel???

There sused to be a few companies that made power units that you could attach a tiller, blower, mower, or things like log splitters to but that's a different story completely

Reply to
clare

I would like to see someone come up with plans for something like that. Few people need a snow blower and a rototiller at the same time.

Reply to
Davej

I believe that Troy-Bilt (MTD Power Products) has just introduced/reintroduced the power head variety of tools concept.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Ariens used to have one years ago, and Gravely. I think mabee Gilson as well - and Bolens???

Reply to
clare

philo

Good idea, but most combo tools compromise performance on both. Good performance would be critical to its success.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Especially true since neither is super expensive like some farm equipment, for example.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

In the same vein...a Ski-Do and a Sea-Do! (I don't want to see pictures of snowmobiles on water, thanks...so don't be cute)

Reply to
bob_villa

They do have snowmobile races on water.

Ed Pawlowski

if you'd like to talk about ways of dealing with clay garden soil and not having to do much tilling at all send a post to rec.gardens or rec.gardens.edible and i'll be happy to help.

we have a lot of clay here and i have several thousand square feet of gardens and don't do much tilling at all...

songbird

Reply to
songbird