AC Concensor fan motor capacitor

Had to remove my condensor fan motor on central heat pump in order to rebuild the mount and grill that it hangs from. Failed to note the wire/terminal relationship on the capacitor. Does it matter? If there are no markings on the capacitor indicating that it is polorized then can one assume it is not.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

this is Turtle.

If it is a single capasitor with just two terminals on it. there is a Polorized way to put wires on it but no body ever pays any attention to it. just put one of each of the wires on it and be happy. Now do put you common and the incoming power on one terminal and the single lead to the capsitor wire to the other.

Now if you have a split capasitor with two capasitor in one. . Putting the wires in the right place is very much important thing.

Why do I feel like something is going to screw up here?

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Hard shelled one...

Ever seen that fan start on a 40/440?? LOL

Reply to
CBHvac

Whereas On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:37:55 -0700, Frank Boettcher scribbled: , I thus relpy:

It is not polarised.

Reply to
Gary Tait