A jewel in the trash!

The wife is a member of AAA. (bear with me).
As part of the long list of AAA member benefits is their monthly magazine. The one the wife gets is labeled "Texas," but I suspect AAA has versions for other parts of the country. (continue to bear with me, I'll get to the point directly).
Yesterday, she dropped it on the table and the magazine fell open to a full-page ad.
Snatching up the magazine, I asked: "Have you seen this ad before?"
"Oh, yeah," she said. "I think it's in every issue."
The Harbor Freight ad had a 20%-off coupon, PLUS a free flashlight coupon.
Be still my beating heart!

Yeah, HF advertises in a lot of places, the AARP magazine is one of them, I also see their ads sometimes in the Sunday advertising piles, and sometimes in other advertising junk that somes with the newspapers. Different flyers have different "free" coupons, the flashlights are the freebie I see most ofter. There is always a 20% coupon in every flier I have ever seen. If their special isn't what I want, there is always some trinket for less than $1.00 that you can buy to apply the 20% coupon to a bigger purchase.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:33:36 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

They seem to be in second tier magazines or trade rags. I get several, usually the same ad. Once you buy something online they also pack your mailbox with fliers.
Just be careful. If it is too cheap to be true, it isn't true. They sell a lot of junk.
Usually the reasonably good tool is the best one they have. When you catch a deal on that, you got you something.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 23:27:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I get quite a few car mags and their coupons are in most of those also.