Cartridge ciculator sticking

I have 2 zone forced hot water heating system with 2 TACO 007-05 Cartridge ciculators. One zone works without a hitch. The second ciculator seems to hum a little and not deliver hot water. (The pump is hot but the lines stay cold). If I tap on the circulator it frees up and runs fine as long as I am calling for heat. Once the system cools I have to force it on again.

I am hesitant to replace the ciculator because it works when running. Is there another system level issue that could cause this or do I have a bad part?

Reply to
ForgottenOne

"ForgottenOne" wrote I am hesitant to replace the ciculator because it works when running. Is there another system level issue that could cause this or do I have a bad part?

Replace it now and you won't have to when it won't start again in January when it is 20 below zero.

Check out sources as I've seen the from $60 to $200. I got one at the plumbing supply for $20 less than Home Depot.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The Homeowners Hub site is not a help forum. It's an *advertising* forum that invades real forums (like "alt.home.repair", part of "usenet") parasitically in order to generate free advertising for itself, which continually advances its search engine placement, thereby increasing its own revenue through its click- through advertising commissions.

So the first thing you should do is write them an email and tell them to quit spamming.

Then try to find your way here through proper channels. Please do a google search on "Usenet" and post the regular way.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

responding to

forgottenone wrote: Would you replace the entire unit or just the "cartridge"?

Seems like the "cartridge" Costs more than the entire unit at most places.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Reply to
forgottenone